RIE is committed to supporting students and encouraging a life-changing learning experience. We are passionate about student development and encouraging them to be the best they can be, both in and outside the classroom.
We provide extensive support in and outside our schools.
Why Study with Us?
There are many reasons to choose to study in Richmond. Here are just a few:
- Student Achievement: consistently one of the highest achievement rates in Western Canada
- English Language Learning (ELL) Support: the standard for the province of British Columbia
- Location and Community: A multicultural, urban, upper-middle-class and welcoming community within 25 minutes to downtown Vancouver
- Modern Facilities: new, modern and inclusive learning environments
- Course Options: a wide range of academic and elective courses, including: Advanced Placement (AP), Engineering, and Senior and Junior Years’ International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes
- Homestay: our in-house homestay program is able to personally assist students through all aspects of the homestay experience
- Student Support: comprehensive, multi-lingual support found in each school and through the RIE department.
RIE Support for Students
• Homestay manager
• Custodianship services
• In school RIE international student coordinators
• In school counsellors
• Principals and Vice Principals
• RIE program managers
• Homestay and Responsible Persons
In school activities: We strongly encourage students to participate in sports and/or clubs at their school. Each school in Richmond has an extensive range of activities for students to join. A list of sports and clubs can be found on the individual school websites.
RIE organized activities: RIE also arranges a series of international student activities throughout the year to allow for exploration around Western Canada. For more information, please check out our annual field trips on our Upcoming Events page.