Fees & Dates
Academic Programs Costs
10 Month Academic Program (Full Year)
Full year tuition with medical insurance, homestay and custodianship: $25,725
Full year tuition with medical insurance and homestay (no custodianship): $25,425
Full year tuition with medical insurance (no homestay or custodianship): $15,425
One Semester (5 Month) Academic Program
Semester tuition with medical insurance, homestay and custodianship: $13,500
Semester tuition with medical insurance and homestay (no custodianship): $13,200
Semester tuition with medical insurance (no homestay or custodianship): $7950
Canadian School Experience Program (Non-academic, short term program)
Total monthly fees with homestay (first month): $3116
Total monthly fees with homestay (subsequent months): $2916
Summer Camp (July and August)
*Prices for grade 3 to university - please contact Anita Huang for K to grade 2 prices.
Tuesday, July 3 - Friday, July 20: $2175
Monday, July 23 - August 10: $2175
Tuesday, July 3 - Friday, August 10: $4230
Tuition includes full day English study, full day excursions and medical insurance. Insurance is provided for the program dates only.
Additional Fees if applicable
Homestay placement fee: $100.00
Homestay fee/night: $35.00
Custodianship fee: $100.00
Additional medical insurance and administration fee/day: $2.00
BANK TRANSFER FEE: A $35.00 bank transfer fee is applicable for each Electronic Bank Transfer.
- Fees are inclusive of application fees, medical insurance and administration, ELL assessments and documentation fees.
- All program fees are listed in Canadian Dollars.
- All program fees are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Board of Education No. 38 (Richmond).
Program fees can be paid by certified cheque, bank draft, money order, or Electronic Bank Transfer (ETF) payable to the Richmond School Board. Full program fee payment is due upon receipt of the student’s letter of confirmed acceptance.
The refund policy is in effect from the moment a new student is issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) or returning student is issued a Letter of Re-admission from Richmond International Education until the moment he/she officially leaves our program.
It is a fundamental condition of the Board of Education of School District No.38 (Richmond) agreement to provide your education, and the Board shall not be liable for losses or expenses you may incur as a result of the Board being unable to provide a program due to labour disputes or other causes beyond its control. Fees will only be refunded if the education program in which you are enrolled cannot be completed within the school year.
In the event that an applicant does not come to Canada or decides to leave the Richmond School District for personal reasons before the program start date, a portion of the tuition fee will be refunded. Three hundred dollars ($300) will be retained to cover administration expenses. All refund requests must be submitted in writing with all supporting documents listed on the Refund Request Form. The following refund policy will apply to all international students.
1. Full refund of tuition fee, less application and administration fees, if the study permit and/or visa is not approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The student must submit a copy of the original IRCC letter of denial.
2. Two-thirds (2/3) of tuition fee, if a returning student withdraws prior to the commencement of the program.
3. One-half (1/2) of tuition fee, if the student withdraws within one calendar month of the program start date.
4. One-half (1/2) of tuition fee if a new student withdraws from the program after the Letter of Acceptance (LOA) is issued.
5. No refund of the tuition fee if the student withdraws after the first calendar month of the program.
6. No refund of the tuition fee if the student is found to be in violation of school rules (i.e. chronic absenteeism, drinking alcohol, taking drugs), provincial or Canadian laws and is removed or voluntarily withdraws from the program.