You are here
6 week Summer Academic English and Canadian Culture Program
This program will focus on building English competency for academic success in Canada. Classes will focus on the specific skills and vocabulary used in academic settings in Canada, both at the secondary and post-secondary level. Classes and projects will be combined with weekly field trips around Vancouver and Richmond to support understanding of Canadian culture both inside and outside of the classroom.
This intensive ELL summer program is perfect for students who want to sharpen language skills needed for secondary and post secondary programs. Students will build confidence using language critical to academic success and become familiar with expectations in a Canadian educational environment. This course is suitable for students already in Canada for long-term studies and students preparing to start their academic studies in September.
In Person Program Format:
9:00am – 3:00pm, Monday to Friday *virtual or blended program involving online and in class instruction will be offered only if required
Dates: July 5 to August 13, 2021
Ages: Suitable for students in grade 8 to 12
Fees: $3510 (Includes tuition and insurance)
Apply online with the following documents in a PDF format.
- A recent photo of the applicant taken in the last 12 months
- Picture page of the applicant's Passport or Personal Identification
- Picture page AND the signature page of the signing parent's Passport or Personal Identification
- Signed Declaration of Eligibility
- Full program fees by credit card
- Homestay arranged through the RIE Homestay Program (Grade 8 to 12 only)
- Private Homestay